PA Digital offers rich resources to help institutions prepare their collection metadata for the DPLA. We publish a set of metadata guidelines annually that you can review and apply to your collections. Additionally, you will find resources here for metadata cleanup and standardization using OpenRefine.
PA Digital metadata guidelines: these offer requirements, recommendations, and best practices for preparing your institution’s metadata for PA Digital’s DPLA Aggregator
Metadata Anonymous slides: these slides, from PA Digital’s Metadata Anonymous event, gives a live demo of a metadata review, teaches you about assessing metadata quality, offers tools for reviewing metadata, and introduces some metadata standards.
- PA Digital’s Metadata Anonymous webinar slideshow – [ppt] [pdf]
- PA Digital’s Intro to OpenRefine and full OpenRefine resources list
- Essential OpenRefine resources:
- OpenRefine wiki
- OpenRefine listserv/discussion group, a great place to ask Refine questions you can’t answer on your own.
- Good basic OpenRefine introduction
- Another good introduction
- Overview of GREL syntax
- Comprehensive index of GREL functions by type