Each collection PA Digital harvests must include a valid rights statement. PA Digital offers rights resources and training for help in determining the proper rights statements for items in your collection.
PA Digital webinars: these modules introduce important and difficult concepts, such as copyright, and introduce users to rightsstatements.org, a website that offers standardized rights statements.
We recommend consulting additional resources on rights, copyright, and creative commons licenses such as these:
- PALRAP publication – “Providing Quality Rights Metadata for Digital Collections Through RightsStatements.org”
- RightsStatements.org Website
- RightsStatements.org White Paper – “Recommendations for Standardized International Rights Statements”
- Rightsstatements.org White Paper: Requirements for the Technical Infrastructure for Standardized International Rights Statements
- Creative Commons Licenses
- JLSC Publication – “Implementing RightsStatements.org at the University of Miami Libraries” by Laura Capell and Elliot Williams